I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but I am running TiVoNet on 2.5.0 and it works fine. TiVoWeb does not, but the the older web server does. I do not have a DirecTV TiVo, I hear there are more complications with DirecTV TiVos.
My original TiVoNet install was on V2.5.0, so I didn't "get upgraded". There may have been something about the upgrade that overwrote some files.
Extractions work "fine". "Fine" is in quotes because TiVo extractions never work fine. (or at least they never *always* work fine)
> 6. Is the new disk space saving mode, VBR as Juppers hints in another thread?
> 7. If so, I take it extractstream doesn't work. What about in raw mode?
I had trouble with ExtractStream in the beginning with VBR on so I turned it off. (in my opinion the feature is useless anyway(you'll see what I mean after you've used it for a while)) In hindsight, I'm not positive that this was the fault of VBR.
If by "raw mode" you mean ExtractStream's -s switch, it works perfectly under 2.5.0, with the exception that it does (as always) get some chunks in the wrong place. Most tools skip the mis-placed chunks and for the most part you don't notice.
My tivo got updated last night, and I lost network connectivity. I assume I need to load the new drivers.
A few questions:
1. What does the 2.5 upgrade do to hacked systems?
2. Does it leave the /var directory intact? 3. Does it remove the serial port shell and other items from rc.sysinit?
4. Will running the tivonet floppy restore the serial port connection or is that not advised with the new version?
5. Has anybody successfully made extractions from v.2.5.x?
6. Is the new disk space saving mode, VBR as Juppers hints in another thread?
7. If so, I take it extractstream doesn't work. What about in raw mode?