Show Off Your Playground and Win!
Is your home theater system the envy of all your friends and relatives? Or do you cringe when friends come over because your ancient, dilapidated system's held together with duct tape and spit?
No matter how big, how bad, how old, or how ugly your home theater system is, grab your cameras folks, because we want you to "Show Off Your Playground!"
All you have to do is take a few photos of your home theater system, and post them to one of the official contest threads in the forums, broken out by category. You'll get a chance to win a cool T-shirt from DVRplayground.com, plus you'll be entered into our random drawing for one of two great prizes.
Enter multiple categories by posting your pic in the categories you wish to enter. Though you can enter multiple times, you can only win one of them.
*UPDATE* - Our contest ended on Friday, August 13th. Thank you for your entries!
The smallest Playground - For those with a system dainty, dinky, magnification necessary
The Badass - For those with the full monty, baby!
The Coolest - Unique, cool, and state of the art systems go here.
The Ugliest - reach for the eyebleach, these systems are not a pretty sight.
The Funkiest - Something weird about your system. Show if off here.
The Engineer - For those with systems most likely to require an engineering degree to operate
The Nip/Tuck Award - most seriously hacked systems by the DIY kind of folks.
The Retro - Enter here if your system belongs in a museum.
Select a category above and submit your photos. Each category winner gets a T-shirt, and gets entered in a random drawing to win one of the following 2 prizes…
Grand Prize: 250GB USB 2.0 Seagate FreeAgent hard drive
First Place: $100 gift card to Best Buy or Circuit City - winner's choice!
Meet The Judges!
There are two judges who will be arguing day and night until category winners are selected. First up is DVRplayground native and Editor Vicki Schmitz, the fine chick who brings you DVR bliss on a daily basis. For this promotion, she's teamed up with TechLore.com's Matt Whitlock, Editor and medically-diagnosed technology junky.
The contest has ended!
Grand Prize: Congratulations to Paul Thomas! Paul was the Grand Prize winner in the random drawing for a 250GB USB 2.0 Seagate FreeAgent hard drive. Check out his winning entry!
First Place: Our First Place winner is DonA. He'll get his choice of a $100 gift card to either Best Buy or Circuit City. Congratulations, Don! Check out DonA's entry!
In addition to the prizes above, everyone who entered the Show Off Your Playground contest will receive a FREE teeshirt from DVRplayground and Capable Networks, LLC!
Contest Rules and Regulations:
1. Promotion. Capable Networks LLC ("Capable Networks") wants to give the opportunity for members of the DVRplayground website to win one of several prizes as part of the “Show Off Your Playground" contest.
2. Prizes. Prizes are limited to residents of the United States and Canada only. Winners will be chosen at random from the pool of eligible entries. The odds of winning varies on the number of entrants. Any expense not specifically stated as being included in the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Capable Networks reserves the right to substitute the prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value or with the equivalent cash value. The winner may not transfer or substitute prizes. Federal, state and local taxes, charges and incidental costs, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
3. Use of Entries. All entries become the property of Capable Networks and may be featured in future Capable Networks advertising and promotions. By entering this promotion, entrants agree that Capable Networks may use and publish their name and entry in all media and types of advertising and promotion of Capable Networks products and services, and may contact each entrant directly with marketing or other information. Entrants further agree that their submitted statements are expressions of their personal belief and opinion.
4. No Purchase Necessary. No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning.
5. Eligibility. In order to be eligible to win, all participants must be 18 years of age or older, and must a legal resident of the 50 United States, including Washington, D.C., excluding residents of Puerto Rico, and Canada. Capable Networks employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to win in this promotion. Prize winners deemed ineligible due to residency, age, or other reason at Capable Networks sole discretion will be disqualified, and a new winner will be determined at any time after the promotional period has ended.
6. Drawing. This promotion begins at 1800 CST 7/11/2007 and will end at 17:59 CST 7/25/2007, or at Capable Network’s sole discretion. All timely entrants will be entered into the contest. A winner will be drawn from a pool of all eligible entries.
7. Notification. Capable Networks will notify the winner by e-mail and/or U.S. Mail at the address provided no later than thirty (30) days following the selection of the winning entry. Capable Networks is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification due to inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any email account. The winner must then respond to Capable Networks within fourteen (14) days. Should the winner fail to respond to Capable Networks, Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select a new winner.
8. Conditions of Participation. All entries become the property of Capable Networks. By submitting an entry for this promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision Capable Networks makes regarding this promotion. Capable Networks reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Capable Networks' reasonable suspicion, tampers with the site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
9. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. CAPABLE NETWORKS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAPABLE NETWORKS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, OR WINNING OR USE OF A PRIZE. CAPABLE NETWORKS RESERVES THE RIGHT , IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES, IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE EVENT ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION AS PLANNED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAPABLE NETWORKS LIABILITY EXCEED THE CASH VALUE OF THE PRIZE(S) TO BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
11. Governing Law. This promotion and the rights and obligations of Capable Networks and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of Illinois, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of Illinois, DuPage County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of Illinois and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this promotion.