OUR NETWORK:TiVo Community TechLore Explore3DTV MediaSmart Home MyOpenRouter Dijit Community See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 25223.9
February 5, 2011 03:56 PM

Categories: Dish Network

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

drkbolton

After several years with one service, we are thinking of switching between Dishnet and U-verse. (If I need to specify which direction, let me know?)

Before making a final decision, however, I began to wonder about the DVR data exists on our current DVR (that's why I chose this forum; it is apparently an integrated system).

So my questions include: should I simply buy an inexpensive harddrive and backup the entire content of the DVR to a harddrive (hereafter HD)? If I so, will I be able to move it from a HD device to the new integrated receiver with DVR? Or must  I convert each program (movies, shows, things we have recorded over multiple years) to via my EyeTV device to DVDs (incredibly tedious as I just looked and I would have to do 40-plus DVDs minimally)? Or may I expect that the serviceperson who comes to install the news system will have a solution to moving all those DVR data to the new system? Or am I overlooking some simple way to do this?

Surely, others have had to deal with saving content collected over years on one DVR system to another?

Finally, what am I failing to anticipate?

Thanks

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window