OUR NETWORK: TiVo Community TechLore Explore3DTV MediaSmart Home MyOpenRouter Dijit Community See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 194788.0
January 27, 2008 10:59 PM

Categories: Dish Network Building & Hacking Troubleshooting Networking

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Stewie_G

I don't know how but my Hackman took a dump. It was working fine for MONTHS and then all of a sudden... nothing. I wasn't mucking around in there at all.

I can still telnet in and get programs with tytools but no hackman. I really don't want to re cake the drive as I'll loose all my programs.

Tips on reinstalling hackman? I see there's a new version so maybe I can install that?

It's a DirecTivo HDVR2 (Hughes)

HALP!!! Cry

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-3 of 3 | Latest Comment

January 29, 2008 2:05 PM

Look here for a new version.

TechLore Blog

HR10-250, Samsung SIR-S4120R, SIR-S4080R, 2 Philips DSR704s (one connected to a Slingbox A/V). One box used the "Zipper"; rest used PTVnet to enable networking features.

January 29, 2008 8:46 PM

Thanks Yog but I can't even get it to come up in a browser. I tried GoToMyDVR tells me the unit is disconnected.

I think I have to re cake / PTV it... dammit!

Can it be done without losing anything?

February 23, 2008 9:27 PM

Ok folks. for the benifit of those who may have the same trouble, I was able to recover from this without losing my programs!

I just downloaded tivowebplus and Hackman 2.0, deleted the old directories odd of my DirecTivo and used SmartFTP to upload the unzipped files.

I'm back in business! I have full Hackman and TyTools access to my Tivo.

Cool 

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-3 of 3 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window