So I've showed off my badass system now here's the dainty thing I put together in our basement comprised of all used/cheap components. I consider a system to have a TV, external audio, and a source signal. This at least has that.
Here's a pic:
Not much to look at here:
- RCA TV 25" (Got free from an old friend who upgraded)
- 2.1 PC powered speaker system (3 bucks at a garage sale)
- Off brand DVD player (got free with a Monster cable purchase)
- Hitachi Hi-Fi VCR (Got for 5 bucks at a garage sale)
- 4 port Composite video switch (10 bucks online)
It may be dainty, but it's complete. The speakers sound terrible, but better than what's in the TV. With the VCR, I can watch cable TV with the external speakers.
The TV is meh, and has seen better days, but is calibrated to look as good as possible. The DVD player does play DVDs... and that's about it. The VCR needs a good cleaning (a recent acquisition), but does work okay.
Not bad for less than 20 bucks.
What's yours like?